I have heard a few people saying that instead of going with SEO, they will go with PPC. Here’s 5 reasons why SEO is better than PPC, all with explanations. Enjoy!
- Save a couple of bucks and go with SEO. This is a fairly obvious one. PPC can get very expensive, especially if you are competeing with other companies for bids. Why spend money on traffic that you can get for free?
- Search engine optimization doesn’t go away if you aren’t profiting. If you are having trouble, you might have to quit the expensive PPC plan. SEO will stay with you, and continue to provide you with traffic, though. It could even save your business.
- Untargeted Traffic? At least it’s free. You don’t have to worry about getting untargetted traffic when using SEO. You WILL get untargeted traffic, but it doesn’t really matter. You aren’t paying for the traffic, and it’s not like bandwidth is too expensive. Plus, even if traffic is untargeted, what if they exit the site by clicking on an advertisement? Seems worth it to me.
- Traffic is more spread out. Instead of paying massive amounts of money to get traffic from specific keywords, you can rank well for many keywords when using SEO. This will expand your website and make sure that every page gets oraganic traffic.
- SEO can help you in many places. With PPC, you usually choose one (or a few) places to put your ad. With SEO, your website can appear on many search engines. If you are lucky, you will rank well on multiple search engines, giving you multiple sources of traffic.
I’m not saying that PPC is a bad idea. It runs the Internet. I even have PPC advertisements on this website. I’m saying that it’s not an alternative to SEO. You can go with both SEO and PPC, or just SEO, but I don’t suggest going with just PPC. It’s expensive to mantain and it won’t leave you in any better position in the long run.