Matt Cutts, an engineer at Google, took some time at the Web 2.0 Expo to talk about spam. It’s a great video, you should definitely check it out.
It’s a pretty helpful video. You can watch it embedded here, or you can watch it on Matt’s blog itself.
It’s not just about Google – it includes a little bit of everything. Things start out about Google and how Google is fighting spam, and then later on how to fight spam on your own website. There’s a few notes on SEO in between, so be sure to check that out also.
The video is 9:11 minutes long. Here’s a list of topics that are covered in the video (in order):
- Introduction (0:00-0:33)
- Web Spam (0:33-1:36)
- Motives of Web Spam (Money) (1:36-2:35)
- Trust and Reputation (2:35-3:14)
- PageRank (3:14-3:50)
- Preventing Spam (continued later) (3:50-4:08)
- Search Engine Optimization (and fake Search Engine Optimization) (4:08-6:07)
- Preventing Spam/CAPTCHAS (6:07-7:09)
- Dangers of Spam (7:09-7:46)
- Recap (7:46-9:11)
Questions? Want to talk about the video? Please leave a comment.
- Related Blogs on Google
- DigitalKoans » Blog Archive » The Google Library Project: Is …
- Music Videos
- Related Blogs on Matt Cutts
- [SEO] Matt Cutts on Whitehat SEO tips for Bloggers | Technofriends
- DroboCare from Drobo: bleah | Search Engine Optimization
- Matt Cutts Clarifies Google’s New Preference of Brands | Media …
- Related Blogs on Spam
- Fake Windows Support Spam Brings Forth an Info-Stealer | Malware …
- Spam From 750 Compromised Twitter Accounts Invited Users To Visit …
- How To Deal With SPAM Filters | The Black Ball
- Related Blogs on Web 2.0 Expo
- Goliblogski » Blog Archive » Web 2.0 Expo Discount
- Syber News » Web 2.0 Expo Europe 2009 Cancelled